Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Feeling my unique individuality threatened in spirituality

Sometimes I think I'm so damned unique that there is no way that I can be myself and make God happy. I am not ready to have a positive relationship with God.
And the amazing thing is that as time goes on, I discover how God is great and no matter how you slice or dice and onion, you still sniff onion. There is no getting away from God no matter how hard we try. He is every where and in everything.

I am not ready to go through a huge hard-core surrendering process and signing my bank-account, my family and the house away. And the cool thing is that Krishna doesn't have a problem with that. He says, where ever you are, whatever you're doing, as long as you're genuinely interested, spirituality is broad enough to reach you. 

I feel my individuality constantly threatened by all those people who believe in Krishna who tell me that I can't appreciate God "that way." God doesn't limit himself, why do you limit Him?

The more I am learning about the breadth of Sanatan dharma, it is allowing me to appreciate how broad Krishna is and what are all the ways to appreciate him and his energy. Krishna is amazing. And Sanatan dharma is so scientific and logical. When viewed in context it seems to click together like a puzzle. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.