Thursday, February 23, 2012

CIIS and Holistic health in Nepal

I believe that there is a holistic way in how we act. I feel that there is an equal and opposite reaction to how we function. Going through Vipassana meditation has increased my awareness in this process. It turns out that our aversions and our attractions do build momentum. So the act of being averse or being attracted actually starts a domino effect of reactions.
How the engine of a car works is based on a certain model. And then tuning the engine is a certain process. So similarily, I see that our body works based on a certain model. And then Vipassana is the process of tuning our engine--our body/mind.

The East-West Psychology program at CIIS seems to be trying to see the human being as a whole. That is satisfying to me because I identify myself as both spiritual while at the same time recognizing that I am in a material shell, the body. Being healthy means for the body, mind and spirit to act in harmony.

What is very interesting to me is that a lot of these sciences that CIIS is teaching originally came from India and Nepal. Right now Nepal is going through an identity crisis. It doesn't know whether to chase the West or to define it's own identity.

I feel that there is a lot of potential in Nepal for holistic health. Certainly, many of my ancestors in Nepal saw it in this way. I am trying to figure out what I could learn from CIIS about this realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment