Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can Nepal serve as a catalyst in bringing a holistic paradigm to the world?

I feel that Nepal could play a crucial role in legitimizing and accrediting a holistic body-mind-spirit paradigm.

In expanding on what I have written here, I feel that Nepal could play a big role in bringing awareness of holistic health to the world. What was previously known as Bharat-varsa (greater India) contained detailed knowledge of holistic health and holistic living.

The world is always jostling with paradigms. I am looking forward to an adoption of a more spiritual paradigm by the world. I have found a lot of satisfaction from this perspective. And I believe that many others would to. It is just an attempt to share what I have found beautiful and helpful and what makes me feel good.

I feel that many Nepalese are well-versed in this holistic approach to living and could teach it to the world. I got a good perspective of this vision from reading the last chapter of Durga Pokhrel's book Shadow over Shangrila. She talks about how the subtle sciences from Nepal could help the world achieve holistic health. How Nepal could help the world understand connection of body-mind-spirit. I found it really inspiring.

Why couldn't Nepalese living in Nepal do what the Jung Institute and CIIS is doing? If developed properly it could take on the role of spiritual health tourism. Nepal has historically been known to operate as a place of pilgrimage. This is a form of spiritual health tourism. Perhaps Nepal should return to it's own roots of health. And by returning to her roots of health, it may inspire the world to return to it's spiritual healthy roots.

I know that these words are a tall order. Right now in the world the materialistic paradigm is so dominant that to speak of spirituality in such certain and distinct terms would seem funny to many. And yet, many people are looking for a holistic paradigm that combines body-mind-spirit. I think it would satisfy the needs of many to have an accredited version of such a paradigm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment