Monday, February 27, 2012

Balancing the subtle and the gross sciences

One of my struggles is balancing my interest in the subtler realm with my involvement in the grosser realm. If some people are too absorbed in the gross realm to the point that they can't appreciate the subtle realm, I feel I am almost the opposite extreme. I'm not proud of it all the time.

My immersion in the subtle sciences has brought me a lot of satisfaction. It has brought me great joy, knowledge, etc. It has caused a huge paradigm shift in me. I have really enjoyed it. I feel sad that so few people appreciate what is so dear to me. Naturally I accept that they might have an appreciation of reality that I don't. I wish we could exchange more insights. I feel it would result in a 'levelling off' in equilibrium very much like how the exchange of opposites leads to the 'levelling off' in the drinking bird. We explored that in this post

But the cool thing is that such exchanges are going on in appropriate institutions. I have been really excited coming across the institutions that I mentioned in this post. But I'm impatient. As far as I'm concerned, it isn't happening fast enough. I feel that the world is past due for this. My anticipation is killing me. I'm craving it.

I remember a friend of mine who was totally into fencing. He thought it was the greatest thing in the world. He wanted to start a fencing school. The problem was that he couldn't inspire many about fencing. In fact his insistence and dogged pursuit probably turned a few people off to the sport. 

I feel like Howard Roark in The Fountainhead. The guy had a talent that the world couldn't appreciate. What should such people do? I felt like Ayn Rand did a fine job in exploring that subject in her book. But I'm not sure how much I can use it as a guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment